Ever find yourself wondering what to do with leftover produce at the end of the week?
Veggie pita pizzas are most definitely the answer.
Versatile, heathy, AND delicious, these pizzas are a fantastic way to quickly boost your vegetable intake.
- Whole grain pita bread (or similar)
- Couple spoonfuls of sauce – pizza, tomato, pasta, or whatever you’ve got on hand
- Veggies of your choice & desired amount!
I like to include:
- Kale – chopped
- Spinach – chopped
- Tomato – diced
- Onion – diced
- Bell pepper – diced
- Couple spoonfuls of hemp hearts
- Crushed red pepper – pinch
- Feta cheese (variety & inclusion optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Simply spread sauce on pita, and layer desired amounts of vegetables using greens as the base. Shake a couple spoonfuls of hemp hearts over top. Add pinch of crushed red pepper. Crumble feta cheese overtop.
Bake in oven until cheese and edges of pita start to brown (about 20 minutes).
And that’s it!
Delicious & nutritious. Not only are these a quick go-to option for weeknight dinners, but I also love to prepare a second pizza to bring to work for lunch the next day.
What are your favourite pizza ingredients?