What can I say about these cookies? They are absolute heaven – that’s what. Chocolate chip cookies are a necessity in my life. I’ve just come to accept it. So, I figured, why not at least try to make a version that I can feel good about?
Angela from Oh She Glows (the creator of this recipe) said it best:
“Ram packed with healthy ingredients, chewy, crispy around the edges, thick and hearty, with dark chocolate sprinkled throughout.”
Angela has somehow managed to combine all natural & delicious ingredients in such a way that leaves you not missing the typical, sugar and fat-laden version of the cookie.
And even better than that? This is yet another recipe that can be made with all sorts of odds-and-end-type ingredients you already have in your pantry.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats, blended into oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup Sucanat or coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips (or finely chopped chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground flax + 2 tablespoons water, mixed together
- 1/4 cup “drippy” raw almond butter (or other all-natural nut butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla
For baking directions & more about this amazing recipe, head on over to Angela’s post.